What are the benefits of merging databases?

I go to my panel for the first time in a long time and notice an option to merge my databases from madcat:medical to sprocket:madelyn. On the confirmation page it says:

“I understand the risks involved and authorize you to move all my databases and hostnames on “madcat:medical” to “sprocket:madelyn” so that I can access them all from the same hostname and with the same users. I understand that the move may begin at any time after I submit this page.”

So my question is are there any benefits to a merge besides being able to access all my databases from the same hostname with the same user?

If anything, it’s more of a benefit to use separate servers. If one goes down, you’ve still got the other. I’m a neat freak and just like that everything’s in one place.

-Scott

If we create multiple hostnames, will they be set up in the same server or random server?

$50 off and 3 free domains with code: [color=#CC0000]DH3[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here

Nowadays, they end up on the same server; the one listed in your Account Status.

-Scott

ok… thanks… just want to know that.

$50 off and 3 free domains with code: [color=#CC0000]DH3[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here