What are my best bets for webdesign?

I’m new to this… i’ve had a wordpress site before and a raw html site… but i’m looking for something a little sleeker, and I’m just looking for some recommendations on how to get started.
basically I want to be able to design the look of the pages/template, hopefully in photoshop or something, rather than just toying around with code and colours.

I’m working on several sites:
-a personal portfolio site w/profile, blog, and art/writing/photography/etc
-a site for my production company, functionally similar to the personal site but more geared for promotion and editable by other team members (the last is easily done i’m sure)
-a site for my college radio show with playlists, archived show mp3s (embedded mp3 player would be great), podcast capability, reviews, news bulletins, etc.
-a site for an rpg campaign i’m running, which wouldn’t really need any more functionality than those above.

the one thing i’m least sure on is how to work up a graphical interface in a template system so that i can add main pages and stuff.
so i’m all over the place, but if you have any ideas/suggestions i’m willing. joomla looks like it might be able to support my needs. can joomla integrate with other things like gallery/wordpress?
so many questions… hehe. thanks.

There’s a whole forum here devoted to this topic.

Wholly - Use promo code WhollyMindless for full 97$ credit. Let me know if you want something else!

I don’t think you can integrate them, but Joomla has a bunch of components as an extensions which can replace the functionalities provided by wordpress and gallery.

Dino

Get YOUR $97 off on yearly plan with [color=#CC0000]YOUGET97 [/color] promo code. Sign Up NOW

Gallery can be integrated with Joomla! Wordpress not so much, but I think that’s because theres less need for that, though there are active discussion from people who want it over in the Joomla! forums.

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

Please note that this thread is continued here, in a new thread in the Web Design forum.

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

Please note that this thread is continued here, in a new thread in the Web Design forum.

This post itself is a dupe to close out all subthreads in this thread.