Well, they say it's fixed

wordpress

And, by looking at the server my website’s on, it definitely looks fixed. They also explain, kind of, what they did to fix it. Guess they aren’t completely and totally useless, eh ‘Alternativehosts’?

Yes, I have an opinion.

Get a minimum 50% off with the “haveadreamyday” promo code, and… have a dreamy day. Original, no?

I noticed the update to the status page too. The panel does load better, but my sites are all still down. I can’t ftp. I can’t ssh - it asks for my password, but then just hangs. Too bad.

Terry

An update.

At 2:48 in the morning.

On a Saturday.

I think that should just about clear up any issues people might have had about DreamHost not caring about their customers. :wink: Am I right, alternativehosts? (This is a rhetorical question, the answer is yes.)

Stephen Harper

Of course it is. But, he’s responded to everything else, so eh. Besides, I find his crap amusing. In a… 13-year-old who’s parents don’t really care kinda way.

Yes, I have an opinion.

Get a minimum 50% off with the “haveadreamyday” promo code, and… have a dreamy day. Original, no?

I can’t complain about DH, compared to a lot of other sites. Yes, they have their problems, but they always do their best to rectify outages in a timely manner and to keep the customer up to date on what the problem is and what’s being done to fix it. My site is back up now and running smooth. Thanks again, DH, keep up the good work!

The good work… Right.

Your sites were down for 16 hours and your reaction is to praise DH. That’s an odd reaction.

You’re lucky your sites are back up. Mine are down for 16 hours and counting.

And mine’s been up for about 4 hours. It’s not perfect, but for all the complaining people have done about problems over the last 3-6 months, minus the power outages, I haven’t had a problem until yesterday. I’m not saying I don’t believe you’re having issues, but my personal experience hasn’t been anything but positive, in spite of Friday’s episode of downtime, so I’m not about to jump on the DH sucks bandwagon. At least we know what’s going on, unlike the company I left, who seems to enjoy changing the service I pay for without telling me. But that’s a rant I’ll go into in another medium that isn’t DH’s forums.

Yes, I have an opinion.

Good, mine is back up. I may just stick with dreamhost yet. Bad luck shelves.

[i]An update.

At 2:48 in the morning.

On a Saturday.[/i]

You say that as if it is somehow above and beyond what one should expect from a host. Hosting is a 24/7 biz. If there’s problems with the network I would certainly hope that not only is someone in the NOC working on the problems but someone would be communicating with those affected by the problems too.

all our sites are still down - for 16 hours and still counting

does the DH message mean people like us won’t be getting sites back up until at least Monday night - or what?

(I’ve written to support, but, imagine they’ll not be getting back to people for a while)

is there any chance this current issue is unsolvable?! (ie. is it serious enough to think the sites won’t be back up?)

cheers, Ad

well, my sites are all still down. on the plus side (insofar as there can be one) my sites didn’t have any trouble till friday evening.

any idea whether or not our sites are expected to be back up before Monday?

or do we have to wait 'til at least then to learn if the sites are returning?

Please list out your domain names and I will find out what their state is. The probelm you are haivng is most likely unrealted to the system wide problem that was fixed. No website should be down until monday obvioulsy. Sorry if there was some confusion about that on the boards.

thanks, Michael!

http://www.allisoncrowe.com is our primary domain - and the site has been down continuously since about 4 or 5 p.m. yesterday

all visitors see is a 404 message

we have about 10 other domains, which were all down as of a few minutes ago; I don’t know those URLs off the top, but will recheck the sites, and post them if they’re still down

cheers, Ad

It looks like somone tried to move all the sites onto frontpage. Do you know if someone was making changes? I found your account and have somone working on it now.

hi ~

our sites are all FrontPage enabled/edited sites

(it’s the only thing I know how to use to edit)

when are you asking about the “making changes”?

I maintain the site, and I make changes several times a day, usually

cheers, Ad

somewhat related - status.dreamhost.com is no longer mirroring dreamhoststatus.com

GiraffeDesign.com

p.s. in addition to http://www.allisoncrowe.com we have 12 domains or subdomains on DH - all but

http://www.touralbum.allisoncrowe.com

are down - and show 404 messages

that touralbum page, is not one I set up or edit, so, maybe it’s not FrontPage?

maybe this is something about FrontPage that the system is rejecting?

is there any point in me posting the 11 other URLs for the sites not up - or, is this problem likely related to the same thing as is affecting http://www.allisoncrowe.com ?

Adrian

thanks Michael, and thanks to Chih in Support

we appreciate this is a difficult time, and, wish you all at DH the best in solving the root problems/issues

thank you kindly for attention to our particular concerns - it looks like all our sites are coming back and that’s terrific!

thanks again, Adrian

my sites came back up about an hour after i reported their being down through the panel. perhaps this was an unrelated thing and it annoys me that it could have been fixed much earlier if i’d only known that it wasn’t the same old problem.

i’m going to stick with dreamhost for now–to tell the truth, i haven’t been able to find one single host in the sub-$20/month range that isn’t cussed out by 40% of their customers. however, this has been the third strike for me. another major downtime incident and i’m going to try my luck elsewhere. and possibly decide to spend more money per month on reliability.