Webspace down+unprofessional humour

My site space is down today. This happened in December too.I just emailed a bunch of old customers telling of changes to my site. they will probably only click the link once if at all. Now anyone who clicks will see an unavailable site.

Additionally, my ebay auction photos of my paintings are currently not howing due to this . So once again I may lose money if this is not resolved by tonight when things start ending. The end time is the most important!

To top it all off, I see annoyingly childish attempts at humour as selections from tech support forms . Things such as;

"“OMG EXTREME CRITICAL EMERGENCY!! EVERYTHING’S BROKEN!People are DYING!”

or

“Not to be rude but I probably know more about this than you”

This is not professionalism! Right now I am quite annoyed at my service once again being interrupted and I do not wish to see such innane nonsense when I fill in serious business tech support!

This makes an unprofessional impression on me and I’m thinking even more than in December that it should soon be the time to switch to someone who takes things seriously.

dk

Don’t panic. You may find this entry on the DreamHost Wiki to be helpful.

Simon Jessey
Keystone Websites | si-blog

Thanks for the suggestion.

It’s frustrating that this is still like this hours later. I have 8 hours until my auctions start ending. I would hope my webspace can be fixed within the next few hours so ebayers can see my paintings in the crucial last hours of my auctions. I wont expect many/any further bids if people can’t see the paintings.

dk

[quote]To top it all off, I see annoyingly childish attempts at humour as selections from tech support forms . Things such as;

"“OMG EXTREME CRITICAL EMERGENCY!! EVERYTHING’S BROKEN!People are DYING!”

or

“Not to be rude but I probably know more about this than you”[/quote]
hehe, I find these funny. I always appreciate people that can show a sense of humor. Life’s too duel to be a sour-puss. I like these additions and sure hope DH never changed them.

To me, it makes a human impression. I want humans running my stuff, not atonamotized robots following a stupid script so worried about being politically correct.

Humans FTW!

I too like having a web host that has a sense of humor, even if their newsletter sometimes gets a bit too far on the silly side.

– Dan

I like humor also, but in a webhosting company, I like uptime and techs who actually fix my problem =)