Website transfer issue: no mysql connection

I’m in the process of transferring my website hosting to Dreamhost and I have followed the wikis for doing that but I seem to be stuck at viewing the site on the mirrored tasunirafting.dreamhosters.com subdomain. This website was a custom-designed Wordpress site that we contracted.

When I try and access http://www.tasunirafting.dreamhosters.com/wp-admin/ I get this page:

[quote]Error establishing a database connection
This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can’t contact the database server at ‘mysqltasuniraftingdreamhosterscom’. This could mean your host’s database server is down.

Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
Are you sure that the database server is running?
If you’re unsure what these terms mean you should probably contact your host. If you still need help you can always visit the WordPress Support Forums.[/quote]

I updated the wp_config.php file to the hostname ‘mysql.tasunirafting.dreamhosters.com’ with the username and password I have setup on the mysql database. I have checked this a million times and there doesn’t appear to be anything wrong with this file. I can login to the mysql database through phpMyAdmin so its definitely there. I’ve looked everywhere for another solution to the problem.

This is all new to me so I have basically been following the wiki instructions and some parts are a little vague for my beginner level of understanding of this stuff. I haven’t transferred the DNS to Dreamhost yet as I want to ensure that the website is working properly first.

Thanks for your help. I’m at a dead end here.

Fixed now thanks to Dreamiest support. Apparently I had strange ’ ’ quotes in my wp-config file. I never modified these from the original file, which is odd. But anyway, another option to check if anyone else has the same problem!