Website forms

i am feeling pretty stupid! i keep trying to get my counter and my form to work but can´t seem to get to. I have tried going to the help page, goodies, but i guess I just don´t understand what it is saying. I used Frontpage to put my site together and am extremely frustrated, to say the least!

Anyone have any suggestions?

My website is: www.suncoastmarketingandconsulting.com

[quote]Anyone have any suggestions?

get my counter and

[/quote]

Don’t bother unless you have “a thing” about counters. I ad-block DreamHost’s anyway. :cool:

[quote]I used Frontpage to put my site together and am extremely frustrated, to say the least!

[/quote]

Stop that before you go blind. :smiley:

[quote]my form to work but can´t seem to get to. I have tried going to the help page, goodies, but i guess I just don´t understand what it is saying.

[/quote]

Any specific details or questions?

----------
[color=#00CC00]ANONYMOUS0 => Max Discount[/color], [color=#6600CC]ANONYMOUS2 => Max Discount less $1[/color] or Cut the code, [color=#CC0000]it’s their birthday:[/color] [color=#00CC00]9999 => $99.99 Off[/color]

Hey, having a hard time getting these things to work doesn’t make you stupid…we all need a little help now and then. :wink:

Your counter is “almost” correct; you just have not quite completed the process. I’m assuming when you say you have looked at the “help”, that you have read through the instructions, and looked at the examples, at http://counter.dreamhost.com (if you have not done so, you should!).

At any rate, the code for your counter, currently, is:

[quote]
[/quote]
Which will not work for a couple of reasons:

1. You still have the “&st=101” in there (this should only be in there for the first page load after setup, as it initializes the counter). Once you have loaded the page, one time, that should be removed.

2. You never specified some of the parameters (having to do with the style of your counter) - the “XX” in the code need to be replaced with some choices, as indicated on the page I linked above.’

For instance, if you changed your code to read:

it would work…you can use other values for the “&dd” and the “&istrip” values, as demonstrated on the “help” page.

I couldn’t see any “form” anywhere on your pages (and my brain started to hurt looking at the FrntPge generated code! :open_mouth: ) so I don’t know what your issue may be with your forms.

If you want to post back here with additional infor re. your form problems, I’d be happy to look at it again. :slight_smile:

–rlparker

**Edit - duh! Now I see the “Client Form” (my eyes are still bloody from the FrntPage code inspection - sorry!). I’ll take a look at it once my head quits throbbing, and see if I can give you some help there. (vows never again to look at FP generated code unless/until drunk! :wink: )

Your form is so mucked up by the FrntPge stuff, I just can’t deal with it right now. Hopefully someone who is used to wrestling with that beast can jump in and help you sort it (it’s probably very easy fix - I just can’t wade through the FP stuff at present - sorry!)

Yep. Loose FrntPge! :wink:

–rlparker