Website down! 10 days later, still waiting for technical support!

So my registration expired on 3/21. My bad, I paid the renewal once I realized what happened. It’s still down, and after attempting every single day since then, I have heard nothing but automated responses from Dreamhost. How can this happen? What’s going on? where are these people? Why am I being ignored? Just put my website back online!

(I deleted earlier correspondence. Still, this is from a week ago!)
DreamHost Customer Support Team
Mar 27 (5 days ago)

to me
Hi there,

This is just a note to let you know that although it’s almost been
24 hours since you sent in your message, we haven’t forgotten about
you!

We strive to answer all questions within 24 hours, but due to the
large number of questions we have right now we’re afraid we may have
to go over a bit this time. :frowning:

Please hang in there and we’ll be getting back to you as quickly
as we possibly can!

Our apologies again, and we appreciate your understanding.

Did you try live chat live button on https://panel.dreamhost.com/index.cgi ?

Dreamhost seems to be the registrar:

Domain Name: DBAHAWAII.COM
Registry Domain ID: NA
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.dreamhost.com
Registrar URL: www.dreamhost.com

and it seems to have been “updated” after the expiration date:

Updated Date: 2014-03-24 00:16:33Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2014-03-22 00:55:17Z

What expiration date is the panel showing?

I’m not sure what has happaned to customer support, but they have been ULTRA slow lately.

If the domain is in fact paid-in-full for the next year, I would raise another ticket answering the desperation clause with “people are dying” and I would do that once per 24 hour period. It’s a full week since you were nice about it. Just my opinion.

The domain does not seem to have an entry in the nameservers at Dreamhost. You could mention this to speed it up :wink:

Actually I see that the domain is assigned to 69.163.148.183 if I use dreamhost nameservers, for some reason that’s not propagating outside dreamhost tho.

The problem seems to be the expiration date of the domain. Even using dreamhost whois server. It would be interesting to navigate to “registrations” in the panel and see what expiration date is displayed there.

Hello Byron,

I just updated your ticket with some information regarding your issue. If you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks!