Website builders

Can anyone tell me where I can go to find someone to make a very simple basic inexpensive website for me?

If you’re just looking for basic & simple, why not just go with a default one-click installation of Wordpress? I’d say that’s about as easy as putting up a basic site gets anymore, plus you can customize it later if you wish with different themes & plug-ins.

Or if you just want a few pages of plain HTML & lack the design skills to frame it, you could just use a free template from someplace like freecsstemplates.org.

:stuck_out_tongue: Maximum savings promo code: MaxSavingsAtDH

Thanks much for the info, I do remember the tech guy on the radio mentioning wordpress for websites. I will give them a try, I really know nothing about website building!

Here’s the Dreamhost wiki article that walks you right through it:

http://wiki.dreamhost.com/Wordpress

:stuck_out_tongue: Maximum savings promo code: MaxSavingsAtDH

Wordpress has to be one of the greatest pieces of software around on the internet. Dreamhost helps make installs real easy, so its definitely something one can get started on without any kind of website building background.

I recommend the “advanced install” because well, its not really that advanced and it leaves you a lot of opportunity to learn about how the software works and ability to customize the site more to your liking. You’ll also be able to use any of the free templates available, and recently some really high quality ones have been released for no charge.

~
website building website building & dreamhost coupons
my obligatory dreamhost coupon

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it!