Webpanel Domain Setup Errors

When I try to switch a domain to fully hosted, getting.
"(You can host unlimited more domains, unlimited more sub-domains)
Sorry, you can’t add any more fully hosted domains!"

Anyone else having this problem? Considering the website even says unlimited hosting.

Yes.

Had the same experience. Tried to submit a support report request and received and got a screen full of code so I don’t know if it was even received or not.

Yup, same thing for me.

Received the same type of errors… say there are already 404 requests submitted… and get some weird error trying to submit a request.

Me too, both on the domain setup issue and the support issue. Wow, that’s frustrating.

Yes, I’m pretty frustrated by this too.

I get the error message like everyone else:

(You can host unlimited more domains, unlimited more sub-domains)
Sorry, you can’t add any more fully hosted domains! (Add a plan)

But then when I try to submit a help ticket, I get:

attempt to access field ‘DreamhostUserServices’ in object of class Ndn::Billing::Account at /usr/local/lib/site_perl/Ndn/Common/Object.pm line 947
Ndn::Common::Object::AUTOLOAD(‘Ndn::Billing::Account=HASH(0xaf1d83c)’) called at /usr/local/lib/site_perl/Ndn/People/Person.pm line 100
Ndn::People::Person::is_limbofied(‘Ndn::People::Person=HASH(0xaf00830)’) called at /usr/local/lib/site_perl/Ndn/Dhwebpanel/Support/Contact.pm line 173
Ndn::Dhwebpanel::Support::Contact::Submit::Do(‘Ndn::Dhwebpanel::Support::Contact::Submit’) called at /usr/local/lib/site_perl/Ndn/Common/Nza.pm line 554
Ndn::Common::Nza::DoStep(‘Ndn::Dhwebpanel::Support::Contact=HASH(0xaf368b8)’, ‘Submit’) called at /usr/local/lib/site_perl/Ndn/Common/Nza.pm line 174
Ndn::Common::Nza::fill(‘Ndn::Dhwebpanel::Support::Contact=HASH(0xaf368b8)’, ‘Ndn::Common::Context=HASH(0xaf61898)’) called at /usr/local/lib/site_perl/Ndn/Common/TreeNav.pm line 375
eval {…} called at /usr/local/lib/site_perl/Ndn/Common/TreeNav.pm line 375
Ndn::Common::TreeNav::ANON(‘HASH(0xaf368f4)’, ‘ARRAY(0xaf37b24)’, ‘ARRAY(0xaf4b49c)’, ‘tree=support.msg&’, 3, ‘panel_panel_’, ‘panel’) called at /usr/local/lib/site_perl/Ndn/Common/TreeNav.pm line 291
Ndn::Common::TreeNav::ANON(‘HASH(0xaf369f0)’, ‘ARRAY(0xaf37b24)’, ‘ARRAY(0xaf448a0)’, ‘tree=support&’, 2, ‘panel_panel_’, ‘panel’) called at /usr/local/lib/site_perl/Ndn/Common/TreeNav.pm line 291
Ndn::Common::TreeNav::ANON(‘HASH(0xaf36abc)’, ‘ARRAY(0xaf37b24)’, ‘ARRAY(0xaf448f4)’, ‘’, 1, ‘panel_panel_’, ‘panel’) called at /usr/local/lib/site_perl/Ndn/Common/TreeNav.pm line 398
Ndn::Common::TreeNav::Render(‘Ndn::Common::TreeNav=HASH(0xaf37ac4)’, ‘Ndn::Common::Context=HASH(0xa828a9c)’) called at /usr/local/lib/site_perl/Ndn/Dhwebpanel.pm line 549
Ndn::Dhwebpanel::Main(‘Ndn::Common::Context=HASH(0xa828a9c)’) called at /usr/local/lib/site_perl/Ndn/Dhwebpanel.pm line 748
Ndn::Dhwebpanel::Display(‘Ndn::Common::Context=HASH(0xa828a9c)’) called at /usr/local/lib/site_perl/Ndn/Dhwebpanel.pm line 223
Ndn::Dhwebpanel::ProcQuery(‘Ndn::Common::Context=HASH(0xa828a9c)’) called at /usr/local/ndn/web/dhwebpanel/index.cgi line 27
Apache::ROOTpanel_2edreamhost_2ecom::index_2ecgi::handler(‘Apache=SCALAR(0xaeb8d9c)’) called at /usr/lib/perl/5.6.1/Apache/Registry.pm line 149
eval {…} called at /usr/lib/perl/5.6.1/Apache/Registry.pm line 149
Apache::Registry::handler(‘Apache=SCALAR(0xaeb8d9c)’) called at /dev/null line 0
eval {…} called at /dev/null line 0

I can understand a new function not working, but I definitely do not understand how the support ticket system is not functioning. And I haven’t been able to find a real e-mail address to contact either, so I have no idea how to actually get in touch with Dreamhost!

Totally not cool.

What’s really weird is the ‘Manage Domains’ page has changed. It now doesn’t show any of the details it used to. I hope this is a temporary problem, as the more detailed view was extremely helpful – and worked of course :wink:

I assume what might be happening is they are upgrading people to unlimited domains and perhaps there is a glitch with the Manage Domains page as part of the roll over.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring back the old Manage Domains page though.

just an FYI, once you’ve contact support once through the panel, you can send them an E-mail (from the account that your provide for support to rely to) and it will get entered into the system. It’s supposed to provide a way for you to contact support when the panel isn’t working. (assuming the rest of the system is working - and it’s just the panel having issues)

-Matttail

Mattail,

It would be great if I had ever submitted a help request with them before, which I haven’t.

[quote]And I haven’t been able to find a real e-mail address to contact
either, so I have no idea how to actually get in touch with Dreamhost!

[/quote]

support@dreamhost.com . This is fine for opening a new issue. I now use it in preference to the web form, since the latter fails to copy the complete report to my email.

Appears to be back up and running.