WebFtp

Hello,
I try to log into webFTP of dreamhost panel https://panel.dreamhost.com/index.cgi?tree=domain.manage but i shows

An error has occured

[code]Unable to connect to FTP server allianceresidentialrealty.com on port 21.

Are you sure this is the address of the FTP server? This is often different from that of the HTTP (web) server. Please contact your ISP helpdesk or system administrator for help.

The error occured in file /usr/local/ndn/web/webftp/includes/filesystem.inc.php on line 56.

• function ftp_openconnection (/usr/local/ndn/web/webftp/modules/browse/browse.inc.php on line 230)
  • function net2ftp_module_printBody (/usr/local/ndn/web/webftp/main.inc.php on line 321)
  • function net2ftp (/usr/local/ndn/web/webftp/index.php on line 58)
    o argument 0: printBody

[/code]
I can connect via FileZilla. I made a new user just to test it, the new and the old user can log with FileZilla but not with the webftp. I tried changing the port to 22 but after 30 sec its gives the 30second restriction :smiley: .
Thanks in advance.

Is there any particular reason you’re using WebFTP in the first place?

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

I’m getting ftp errors in webftp also. Unfortunately, FileZilla is giving me them too.

“Is there any particular reason you’re using WebFTP in the first place?”

i. The PCs at school do not allow me to install any additional software.
ii. The person i am making this website for does not want any additional software on his pc, the webftp - one click delete, rename, upload is easy enough for him.
iii. I prefer writing php code directly in the webftp editor-thingy (ok i made this one up, but it is easier to correct a simple mistake)
iv. go to i. and ii.

By the way,the webFTP is still not working :frowning: with me, does any one else have the same problem?
The filezilla works fine, the FireFTP gives me a cannot connect error, although it has the same adjustments.

You could try connecting with [server].dreamhost.com

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

You won’t be able to FTP to port 22. That’s SSH only. In the panel under Users -> Manage Users, does that user have FTP access turned on? Don’t forget to make sure the “Disallow FTP” box is unchecked.

-Scott

My setup started working again today. Some sort of bad connection last night I guess…