Webftp - any issues?

I have had 2 users of https://webftp.dreamhost.com/ complain about having timeouts, blank pages, etc. Did some testing and got the blank pages at times, reload fixed them though. Is there something going on with webftp? Any other users with issues?

I have the same issue.

Got a trouble ticket in to DH support, and got this response

Have this issue too…

Me too…

I’ve continually been receiving blank pages. Whether it’s logging in, moving a file, trying to edit a file, or any other process. I have to return to the login page.

This is making my work incredibly difficult and frustrating.

It’s been like this for a few weeks now for me. It’s just increased in frequency.

Out of curiosity, how come you all aren’t using FileZilla or some other locally run FTP software?

Oh, I do use Firezilla myself. But a number of users don’t have a FTP client, and need to do occasional updates via a web based system, so the web ftp gets used. And I don’t want to get into the install and train issues for those mostly non-technical users.

No update from DH yet, other than their initial response saying they are aware of the issue and are working on it.

We think we’ve figured out what was causing the blank pages on WebFTP. The php.ini was set up wrong on one of our back-end servers, keeping WebFTP from functioning properly when your request got sent to that machine. Should be working properly now!

I just purchased a domain and hosting from Dreamhost and am having trouble with the web FTP. So far, I’ve been able to log in and mess around with files one time. Every other time I’ve received the following error:

[quote]An error has occured

Unable to connect to FTP server XXXXXX on port 21.

Are you sure this is the address of the FTP server? This is often different from that of the HTTP (web) server. Please contact your ISP helpdesk or system administrator for help.[/quote]

No clue what the problem is, but I’m stuck using the web FTP at work. Any solutions would be helpful.

I don’t know what the hangup is with webftp.dreamhost.com, but maybe installing your own net2ftp would work.

Did some testing and not getting blank pages anymore. Looks good so far!