Webdesigner took my $$ and ran

I don’t know if this is the right area of the forum to post this, sorry if it is not I am new & yes I know thats a poor excuse.

I know very very little (I am having to teach my self everything) about web design, script ect ect. I paid a guy to do my site and he did a good job desiging it but he never finished and took my money and ran.
I need to know how to down load all the files from my site online to my pc. I don’t have the money to pay anyone to finish the site. Now I have to figure all this out on ly own and I do not have a computer background (I’m a All I need is my video sharing completed and pic sharing completed, oh I also have to figure out how to get my frorum (I have the files for this) back up on line.
I have Dreamweaver Pro because it was given to me and I have been trying to learn as much as I can on my own.
Can any one help woth this? because I have no clue what I am doing.

You have your Dreamhost username/password info?

If so, I’d go grab Filezilla client (filezilla.sf.net) and try to connect to your domain (whatever.com) with that username and password. Once you can see some files, then go to the next step.

Dreamweaver might be over-complex for you at this point.