WebDAV with MacOS X Tiger (10.4.2)

Back in May, my parents and I were connecting fine to my dreamhost WebDAV folder. Both of us using MacOS X 10.3 (Panther). Now, I’ve upgraded to Tiger (MacOS X 10.4.2) and a couple months have passed and I cannot connect now.

Connecting with the Finder now fails for me: I’m always told “You cannot connect to this server because it cannot be found on the network.” after I enter id and password.

I can connect read-only with Safari. (So, I know for sure my id and password are correct.)

I tried putting my machine on the DMZ of my router and turning off the firewall to make sure that wasn’t an issue. No change.

I’m mostly like to think the OS change is a problem, but a couple months have passed for DH to upgrade/change things, and maybe the OS is now being picky about errors in the past that it let slide. With all these possibilities, the solution to this might be hard to nail down. Anyone else having similar problems at all?

I can answer my own post. I had added this configuration option to my .htaccess of my root web server directory:
AddHandler server-parsed .html

It was inherited by the WebDAV folder and then caused all the various strange behavior I was seeing.

Fortunately, I didn’t really need SSI. I was just testing with that option and forgot to remove it.