Webcalendar - Remote Publishing

Have any Webcalendar users had any lucking getting the Remote Publishing feature working?
In Sunbird for example, you connect to http://bigmalletman.com/webcal/icalclient.php in order to get 2 way with the calendar data. It is supposed to authenticate with a username and password. Out of the box, whenever I put in the username and password, it asks again, and again, and again.
I have search around the sourceforge forum for Webcalendar and found other dreamhost users with the same problem, so over the past 3 days, I’ve tried a lot of different fixes without much success.
One thing that was suggested is that Webcalendars icalclient.php does not work under PHP with CGI. So, I edited the .htaccess file to run the directory as apache. This worked perfectly. I was then able to access with Sunbird flawlessly, but there was a side effect. I constantly got warnings in ever PHP file. Warnings look like:
Warning: Unknown(): open(/tmp/sess_79c66712425d65fd6660228215b9cf7d, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

I had emailed support previously, but the response I got suggested the rep didn’t know what I was talking about. He suggested I turn on WebDav or use FTP to upload my ics file. Sounded like he thought I was using Caldav instead of using Webcalendar.

Another thing I tried was actually editing the icalclient.php file myself. I actually got it working, but intermittently. I can download the calendar ics in a web browser, but then when I refresh, it doesn’t work. It also never works in Sunbird. Maybe I was going overboard with trying to edit the icalclient.php.

So… how about it? Any successful publishing users here? Lack of the ability to edit my calendar using a client-side application (instead of just being able to view) will probably end in me switching to Caldav and uninstalling Webcalendar. Nothing in the dreamhost wiki about this either…