Web Statistics

Does dreamhost provide any stats software for the websites? if yes where can I access it?

I love awstats is it available here or can I configure it my self?

How people are managing statistics?

Thanks

Dude, you found the forum and couldn’t find statistics? It’s in the web panel and there’s a ton of info on the wiki!

Look there and then cruise back!

Note: They recently changed stats so they are not run daily by default to try to reduce CPU on the boxes. You can turn it back on if you want - through the control panel.

Party on!

Wholly

The default stats package installed by DreamHost is Analog, but you can install AWStats yourself if you wish. In fact, there is a wiki article on this very subject :slight_smile:

http://www.wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/AWStats_Installation

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

For your information when I click on the site URL it asks me for the user id and password, I have tried all my userIds and passwords but none worked.

Now would you tell me where can I find that information?

You can check the valid ‘stats users’ for a particular domain by going to Status -> Site Statistics in the panel and clicking the link under the Stats Users column. You can also add stats users here.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

Thats where I was few moments ago but when I click on website URL it asks me for user id and password. And I try all the userids I got with me for DH.

Would tell me do I have to configure any thing else, which userid/password I should use?

Do not click on the website URL, click on the link under the Stats Users column. The link should look something like [color=#0000CC]1 users[/color].

Mark

Thank you Mark, it solved my problem.

No problem, I am always glad to help where I can :slight_smile:

Mark