Web Search Result

I installed Joomla 1.5 and created a website on DH. When I use a search engine (goolge) to find the site I created, it found it but with the following description: “Joomla! - the dynamic portal engine and content management system.”

How can I change that joomla description to my own, which will relate to my website?

That meta data can be changed within the J! admin.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

It’s been a while since I worked with Joomla (Drupal fan here), but you might try this:

Go to Site >> Global Configuration.
On the Site tab, make sure you change the Site Name to your site name.
On the Metadata tab, change your Global Site Meta Description and Keywords to describe your site.

Good luck with your new site.

Thanks, follow your instruction I made the changes to the meta data. however, after many days, google still failed to display the new meta data.

I was later told, i may have to make small modification to the web page which will trigger google to update their cache. and it did the trick.

However, when I tried to search the same key words with yahoo and altavista, none of them can find my website. Do you know why?

I’m not a search engine expert, but I think we’re at the mercy of when the search engines crawl our sites before they’re included in a particular company’s search result. You might try submitting your site to yahoo and altavista manually and see if that helps.