Web Panel Sign In Question

I signed up my wife for an account about an hour ago for wordpress. Afterwards, I was going to log in to the web panel at panel.dreamhost.com but it doesn’t recognize the username (or email address) and password I used to set everything up with. Do I have to wait for the activation email before I can log in? How long does account activation take? Being an IT guy, I would have thought most of this would have been automated and only taken a few minutes.

Just to make sure… You made her a separate Panel account one-click install WP, or you made her a blog and added her user ID/password there?

I went through the sign-up for one-click install of WP. I was waiting, and still am, on the email so I can sign in to her web panel and set up the one-click WP. I can’t even find a number to call to ask someone if I messed something up.
[hr]
Okay I just went through the forgot password path from the web panel and it doesnt event find my email address. This is REALLY annoying!!!

And moreover, where did my CC information make it to?

I am having the exact same problem. I signed up last night. My credit card has been charged and I can’t log in to my panel. I emailed right away thinking I must have mis-typed my password when signing up. I have yet to hear anything from them. Its very frustrating as there is no phone number to call and I have no confirmation of them receiving my emails.

Can you give me a domain or account # so I can look into this for you?

Okay I sent an email to their tech support. They don’t have a number you can call per-say according to their wiki. They allow 3 callbacks per month. Probably how they have such low prices :slight_smile:

Anyway, Rob S I will let you know if they say something. If you hear something let me know please. My wife is going crazy.

Did you try the “Forgot Password” option? And if you can also provide me with a domain or account number, I can investigate for you as well :slight_smile:

DH, email sent. Let me know if you need anything else please. I am anxious to get everything moved over and set up. Thanks for looking into this for me.

I did try the forgot password button but it gave me an error saying the email address wasn’t found. The domain I registered is ansleybeautification.org. And the email address I signed up with is ansleybeautification@gmail.com. Thanks for the help!!

mgking76: Just emailed you! Please reply there directly if you have any questions :slight_smile:

Rob S: Still investigating! Will get back to you as soon as I have more to report :slight_smile:

I went ahead and emailed your rob@robs*****.com account, and CC’d ansleybeautification@gmail.com. Please reply there directly if you have any further questions!

Thanks!