Web ID: not being able to sign in?

Greetings,

I just set up another web ID so that my brother is able to log into his account and set up his own email addresses under a domain that I have bundled in with my account.

For some reason, his password is not being accepted at the DH login page? Weird. I have no idea why this is the case.

Any suggestions? :slight_smile:

Maybe DreamHost do not like your brother. :slight_smile: .

Have you checked that the password is correct for the new webid (just in case you gave him yours)?

Have you tried using any email address that is associated with the new webid?

If he is signing up using your PC could it be a cookie problem?

Norm

it’s not a cookie problem (same thing on all computers I’ve tried).

and athe user name and password is definitely correct.

:frowning: ?

The only thing I can think of to do is to set up another webid (it says ‘one Web ID can own any number of accounts’) and see if that works. If not then perhaps a support query is needed.

Norm

for some reason, it showed my newly generated password for the new web ID i just created in the panel.

Is there a way to change this password?

since it’s not the same as the email/ftp account password.

Can you change it by clicking the Edit Profile link at the top of the panel then clicking Security?

This is how I change the password for my primary WEBID, but I don’t know if this will work for other WEBIDs attached to the account.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )