Web Hosting is 'Parked', can't load my site?

So, I’m relatively new to this, but I have a site designed in Dreamweaver that I’d like to load up. I used this guide here to connect ftp to Dreamhost via Dreamweaver CS5:

Unfortunately, I keep getting an FTP Error popup, detailing a number of reasons why I can’t connect to the host.

I go to manage my domain and dig around to figure out what might be the problem. I see that under Web Hosting that my domain is set to ‘parked’. I’m not familiar with what that actually means, but I’m wondering if it isn’t the source of the problem? I can select to ‘deactivate parked’ for my site, but I don’t know the ramifications of that.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

On Manage Domains edit the domain and make it fully hosted.

Thanks Ryo-ohki, I went ahead and did that. Though, it still tells me the site is parked, clicking ‘edit’ shows that it is fully hosted. Does it take awhile for everything to set itself up, or do I need to deactivate parked now?

Thanks for the help.

What’s the domain? I can take a look at your panel for you and see what’s going on. If you’ve changed your Web Hosting settings to fully hosted and saved those changes, you should be good to go.

In your FTP browser you’ll see that DreamHost automatically puts a few files in there. One of those files is the ‘parked’ page you see. Just delete them and them upload your own HTML files.