We got spammed

nice to know the DH board isn’t free from spam either

yep, looks like a spambot had a real good time in here :@

I suspect the only way to prevent this in the future would be to require registration for all sections.

It looks like the spamming is continuing, even as I type. :@

Pay just [color=#CC0000]$22.40[/color] for 1 year Dreamhost hosting, use promo-code [color=#CC0000]MOJO97[/color]
Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on all 1 and 2 year plans!! (Max saving on monthly plans too!!)

This is the first time I’ve seen the board being spammed!

How rude >:0(

This isn’t the first time by any means, but this bot has always stuck to the Beta Testing forum.

Help Jeff!

–Matttail
art.googlies.net - personal website

Tough to require registration for all forums, since this one is designed for people who aren’t members.

They can still register on the forums without being DreamHost customers.

However, I do see your point, it would make it just that little bit harder for legitimate potential customers to post.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

Perhaps if a captcha was required for annomous posters, and to register an account most of this spam would be stoped.

–Matttail

Is a captcha one of those little graphics with letters and/or numbers you have to type into a field? Wasn’t sure of the term for that. :slight_smile:

Jen
http://www.SassyDevil.com/

yes

–Matttail