Watermarks using Gallery/ImageMagick

apps

Anyone using Gallery 2.1.2, ImageMagick, and successfully applying a watermark? I can successfully apply a watermark via Add Items using NetPBM but not if ImageMagick is the only graphics toolkit active. On the Admin panel, ImageMagick has been installed and activated. I’ve confirmed the Dreamhost version of ImageMagick is good. Any one else have this problem and solve it?

Similiar posts have been made in the Gallery forum site.

I normally have netpbm,gd,imagemagick set in that order of priority to get watermarks okay. But with just imagemagick and/or gd, watermarks fail. Perhaps that is the way it has to be?

Norm

Opinions are my own views, not DreamHosts’.
I am NOT a DreamHost employee OK!! :@

You act on my advice at your own risk!

Interesting that you have the same problem. You can follow my posts at http://gallery.menalto.com/node/59616#comment-218128 which is Gallery2 forum/Gallary2 support/Troubleshooting and Problems group and the entry is called “watermark not applied”.

Thanks. I had a look at the thread you posted.

Me being me I go with the principle that it is working okay with NetPBM as is so I can live with that :slight_smile: .

Can I ask why you want it to work with ImageMagick (other than the fact it does not at the moment)?

Norm

I’m a newbie and read somewhere that ImageMagick supports more functions than Gd and NetPBM. However, I’m going to start using NetPBM since, as you pointed out, it works. I’ll pursue getting ImageMagick fixed as a background task.

Perhaps it is just something in our setup.

I noticed this link as well, although it refers to Gallery 1 there seems to be a mention of problems with the ImageMagick/watermark feature.

http://gallery.menalto.com/node/58893

Norm