Want to know who is on your server?

If you do, copy the following code into a file, and run the file, you will get a list of everyone on your server.

<?php //define the path as relative $path = "/home/"; //using the opendir function $dir_handle = @opendir($path) or die("Unable to open $path"); echo "Directory Listing of $path
"; //running the while loop $count = 1; while ($file = readdir($dir_handle)) { if($file!="." && $file!="..") echo $count.": $file
"; $count ; } //closing the directory closedir($dir_handle); ?>

TzFiles.com

I don’t see how this is relevant at all. Each person can create several “users” under their account. So what good does this information do exactly?

“OMG user 1k001 is on my server! SWEET DUDE!”

I fail to see the point. Please explain.

Chips N Cheese - Custom PHP installs and the like!

I agree with Mousee, I don’t see much point in knowing the user names of others on your server.

Also, wouldn’t it be easier just to type the following after logging into the shell?

cd …
ls

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on all DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost Review)

yep, thats much easier lol

BUGabundo :o)
promo here
50$ discount with promo code “BUG50” on ALL plans
Free lifetime Domain with “BUGDOMAIN” promo code

[quote]cd …
ls[/quote]
Well, it looks easy at first, but you do have to hit enter between those two lines… and that’s just WAY too much work for obtaining info that has no use. :stuck_out_tongue:

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

Why would you care to know? As mentioned…each user could have up to 75 other users or more depending on their plan. You may show 2,000 accounts and it may only be a couple hundred users.

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on all plans by using promo code: SRVR97. More Here

You left out a 7. :wink:

Up to 775, with Strictly Business.

L1: 75
L2: 175
L3: 375
L4: 775

Also shows how unimportant the “how many users are on the server” stats are, let alone who the users are.

Like when people say there shouldn’t be over 100 users on a server… you mean you need 8 dedicated servers to run a single L4 plan?? :stuck_out_tongue:

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.