Waiting for MySQL Creation

When you create a new database, it says that it takes about 5-10 minutes for the database to show up and be used. It’s been over an hour and I really need to get some work done. Is this normal? I thought this was an automated process. Does some human being need to physically create the DB?

I actually set up a second database just in case the first one went wonky for some unknown reason and have resigned myself to using the first one that becomes “available.” So far, neither one shows up when clicking on the link.

Just wondered what everyone else’s wait times are.

Women and cats will do as they please; men and dogs should just relax and get used to the idea. ~~ Anonymous

Visit me on the web at babygotblog.com

I’m having the same problem today. Only been waiting about an hour so far, but it’s a little frustrating. Did you ever get yours setup yesterday, or are you still waiting? o.O

I tried using the one click installer last night and repeatedly received the error that mysql could not be found. All’s well this AM.

My hunch is that they were doing work on the mysql servers, or rebooting, or something like that.

When it works, it works fast, new databases within 20 minutes, installs within 10 minutes.

It also seems to hasten the process if you post it somewhere, for the world to see, forever preserved for posterity! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (I know if I hadn’t posted in this forum, I’d still be waiting! It’s one of Murphy’s Laws!)

Women and cats will do as they please; men and dogs should just relax and get used to the idea. ~~ Anonymous

Visit me on the web at babygotblog.com

laugh I know exactly what you mean. My DB that I mentioned earlier was up about 10minutes after I posted. :wink: