Wait time for DreamHost PS?

For those of you who have a DreamHost PS, what was the wait time?

My husband had to wait almost 2 months for his.

Prime Promo Codes | DreamHost Promo Codes

It was initially a couple of weeks, then there was a long stretch where it sounded like no one came off the waiting list. Then a whole bunch of people seemed to come off the list. Maybe it had to do with freeing up space in the data center?

I don’t know where things stand right now, but you could always ask via a support ticket or by submitting a question to pre-sales support using the contact form at:
http://www.dreamhost.com/contact.cgi

Use the [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color] promo code for 3 extra lifetime domains and $50 off
More Dreamhost coupons here!

Yeah seems to have been the case, just not enough hardware for all the ps servers they needed. Anyhow my husband seems to be happy enough with his PS even though the wait was a little long. Contacting support like Lensman said it probably a good thing to do if you want to know the estimated wait.

-Sarah

Prime Promo Codes | DreamHost Promo Codes

hmmm, seems more and more people are not satisfied with shared one any more.

$50 off and 3 free domains with code: [color=#CC0000]DH3[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here

I don’t think it’s reflective of any change in their levels of satisfaction. I think Dreamhost PS represents a new service and that it takes a while for people to realize that they need or like it. I remember when the 3M Corporation sent me a tiny yellow notepad that wasn’t glued together the same way that other notepads I’d seen were. It had this semi-sticky stuff that held it together and that stuck to most surfaces pretty nicely after removed from the pad. I had never seen such a thing and couldn’t figure out who would need such a thing, but it did seem pretty neat. Over time, more and more people started using it.

I think the same about the new “Easy” one-click installs. Wordpress.com and Blogger obviously provide very similar services, but never when tied to a general-purpose hosting account. Will this see increased usage over time? I’d put my money on it!

Use the [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color] promo code for 3 extra lifetime domains and $50 off
More Dreamhost coupons here!

I think Lensman makes some great points, and I don’t think it’s as much a matter of “satisfactions” as it is the dedication of appropriate resources.

Everyone on “shared” hosting is better served by those who need something like PS using it - every one of those who goes “PS” relieves some of the burden from the shared servers at the same time they improve their own experience. :slight_smile:

–rlparker

Agree!

It is a game of balancing the resources from servers to servers.

$50 off and 3 free domains with code: [color=#CC0000]DH3[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here