VPS server keeps going down and displaying browser message

wordpress
vps

The server that runs my WordPress multisite (probably about 150 sites at the moment) uses the Dreamhost VPS ‘Business’ plan. I recently upgraded from Basic to Business as suggested by the support team at Dreamhost.

However, the problem still persists; the VPS server keeps seemingly going down, crashing and constantly restarting, despite the Dreamhost panel graphs displaying that the server doesn’t reach the limits allowed by the Business plan…

The domain is www.teamwebsites.co.uk. The multisite runs as a path-based installation on a separate installation under the directory: www.teamwebsites.co.uk/clubs/

• Uses maximum 9GB out of 60GB disk usage
  • Dreamhost says I should limit Google’s crawl rate of my sites as then it will request less ‘resources’ (images); they have also suggested optimizing the WordPress installation. I have done both, yet still the issue persists!

This is the browser screen/message displayed in Chrome (may be slightly different between browsers):

"This site can’t be reached
[domain] refused to connect.
Try:

Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED"

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience. We are currently working on your open ticket and will be in touch with you via our support email accordingly.

This topic was automatically closed after 29 days. New replies are no longer allowed.