VPS host "homie-vserver01" being moved to new hardware and restored

I got this last night at 8:30 eastern. The problem started at about 6:30 pm eastern.

[quote]Hello!
As mentioned in the earlier email, due to issues with the RAID controller on the web VPS host machine ‘homie-vserver01’, we are in the process of moving the server on to new hardware and will be restoring all data from our backup server to the new hardware. During this process, the data on the backup server will be mounted directly over NFS to allow all services to remain online for the duration of the restoration. We are working on getting the setup for the new machine working, but until then, we apologize for the downtime this incident is causing.
We will keep this post updated with as much detail as we can provide. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Support under Support > Contact Support, in your panel or reply to this message.
Please note, this is regarding the web VPS host machine ‘homie-vserver01’ and no other services (email, MySQL) or servers are affected.
Thanks!
The Happy DreamHost Server Fixing Team[/quote]

Most of the sites are back up, except for one. I’ve tried rebooting.

Worse, I can’t upload files and I can’t access ftp to find out why the one site is unavailable.

Worst of all, we have press releases going out for earth day that have already gone out. One of them links directly to the site that is out of order.

I’m a bit frustrated because we have people writing emails to us saying they can’t get to the site.

I could probably rebuild the site if the files are missing. They shouldn’t be. They were there yesterday.

Why on earth are we unable to see just the one site when all the other sites are visible? Mysql seems to be functioning properly. We can edit content from within a CMS interface, but we can’t upload from within the interface, nor from ftp, nor ssh into the host.

How long is it going to take for them to fix the problem? It was working yesterday. It is not working today.