Visiting Site if domain not pointing yet

Hi everyone. How do you visit your site if your domain isn’t pointing to it yet? I want to test to see if things work while the domain’s new information propagates through the internet (it takes about 48 hours).

Thanks!

You can either create a *.dreamhosters.com subdomain to mirror your site as explained in this wiki article, or create a temporary entry in your HOSTS file on your local computer.

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

Thank you. I will check it out :slight_smile:

You’re welcome!

Let us know if you need more detailed instructions. I seem to recall a more detailed page somewhere on the wiki, but my search skills seem to have escaped me this evening.

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

I think the page you are thinking of is this page describing how to view your site before DNS changes, which discusses the use of sub domains for this purpose and also provide an alternate method. :wink:

–rlparker

Thanks too :slight_smile:

Aha! That’s the page!