Viewing User Passwords?

Hello. I’m new to the forums here. My name is Justin. Hopefully someone will be willing to help me with my question.

I used to be able to view user passwords via the web panel under the user’s settings. That is no longer possible. I understand that this was probably less then ideal for security reasons but was just wondering if its still possible. If not, I will simply change the passwords for the users in question, but would like to avoid that if possible.

Thanks in advance!

The ability to view passwords in the Control Panel was removed after a security scare. To be honest, there is no legitimate reason why any password should appear in plain text in any application. I recommend that you change your passwords as you indicated - in fact, it is a good idea to change passwords on a fairly regular basis.

si-blog
Max discount on any plan with promocode SCJESSEYTOTAL

Agreed on all counts. Was this announced anywhere? Its possible I missed it in a news letter or something, but would have been nice to be notified.

Thanks.

It was announced on the status blog and mentioned in the June newsletter.

si-blog

If you really want to or need this ability you can contact support and ask them to re-enable the old behavior of viewing passwords from the panel and they can do it for you.

While you’re at it, you can probably get them to display your Social Security Number, credit card details, and where you hide the spare key to your house as well.

si-blog