Viewing FTP users folders through browser

I need to create multiple FTP users, which I know how to do. Once a user is created where does one go to view the files in that users folder?

I’ve just set up a new ftp user and I can connect there and upload using Ws-ftp. But how does one see the files over the web? My user needs to upload files and then have multiple people download them via the web, but I have searched both here and the knowledge base and can’t see how to do it. It says there should be a user directory, but all I see are mail and log directories.

I’ve tried various permutations that I thought might work, but nothing does. Thanks in advance.

I finally found out how to do it.

You need to map each user’s folder onto an already existing folder in your domain. Go to your control panel and click on “domains” and then “Remap sub-dir.”

Select your domain from the drop down box, and in the next box enter the name of the sub-directory.

eg. yourdomain.com/subdir

On the next page, select the user from the drop down box, and in the next box enter the name of the subdirectory if there is one.

eg. home/username/folder

Anything that’s uploaded to home/username/folder will now be accessible via the web at www.yourdomain.com/subdir

[quote]the knowledge base and can’t see how to do it. It says there should be a user directory

[/quote]

The DH system sometimes is hours late in creating the user directory, and sometimes fails to create it at all. Best for you to do it yourself. In the FTP user’s home directory )next to Maildir, logs) create the directory named www.yourdomain.com .