Very simple/confusing question?

Hey,

This is probably a horridly dumb question, but I searched the forum and can’t find an answer…

I’ve created my webpage and uploaded my index.html to the ftp server under the directory of my domain name (.com)

Why hasn’t anything showed up…I also tested out my mail and it says the DNS serve was too slow to respond…what am I doing wrong!!!

Thanks!!

Sure that you were edited the domain DNS to ns1.dreamhost.com ns2.dreamhost.com ns3.dreamhost.com then wait more few days…

Max discounts with [color=#CC0000]E97[/color] or [color=#CC0000]O97[/color] code. U will never find better one. Check it and U will see!
Webhosting infos, who sucks, who oversells?

1. When did you add the domain?
  2. Did you register it here at DreamHost?

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

I added the domain a few days ago…and with dreamhost. Sounds like I should just wait awhile longer…? :slight_smile:

thanks for the help!

Yes, it sounds that way to me. But if you’re impatient (and who wouldn’t be!), you can try one of the two techniques in the following dreamhost wiki article to view your site before DNS has propagated:
http://wiki.dreamhost.com/DNS_-_Viewing_site_before_DNS_change

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

What is the URL your site ?

T-T-L
$77 off plus 1 Additional Free Domain For Hosting Lifetime with [color=#CC0000]77PLUS1DOMAIN[/color] promo code :cool: . See Detail Here

We can do a lot of investigational work if we know what you’re domain is. Not that we’re looking to destroy your work, but to help.

Wholly - Use promo code WhollyMindless for full 97$ credit. Let me know if you want something else!

www.composerandrew.com

still not up…I’m pretty sure I did something wrong haha

Well I went into the control panel and it says i have no “zone” file for my domain…Maybe i need to set my name servers to the three dreamhost ones? how do I do this?

ok did it…I think it should work now…I’ll check back and try again later, but I think I’ve figured it out- with all of your help of course!

Odd, if you registered the domain here at DreamHost, you shouldn’t have to fiddle with the nameserver settings at all.

I think it is already up. Here is the DNS records query from network-tools.com

Retrieving DNS records for composerandrew.com

DNS servers
ns1.dreamhost.com [66.33.206.206]
ns2.dreamhost.com [208.96.10.221]
ns3.dreamhost.com [66.33.216.216]

and so on…

You can check it here.

T-T-L
$77 off plus 1 Additional Free Domain For Hosting Lifetime with [color=#CC0000]77PLUS1DOMAIN[/color] promo code :cool: . See Detail Here

It’s “up” for me,at the present! :wink:

–rlparker