Vbulletin 4.0 errors

Last week this forum worked for years and then failure. I not IT person and I assume it failed when they upgraded my server… who knows.

I’ve upgraded from 4.3 to 4.05 and I still have the error. I’ve worked with vbullentin staff and they told me to remove all plugins…

this is what I get…
but it should look like

I’ve noticed my blog section is down and I can’t create a new thread because I would get this…

I looked at my 3.8, 4.0 and 4.05 config.php files and they are all the same.

ANy thoughts why this failed?

Looking into the debugging information on the error page, I see this:

[code]Database error in vBulletin :

mysql_connect(): Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (2)
/home/yourusername/backyardgardener.com/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 313[/code]

This indicates that you don’t have your database connection information set properly.

Thank you for the reply. I’ve reviewed my config.php 4.0 file and updated it to config.php 4.05… I thought it would work fine. I even checked my VB 3.8 config.php and they are all the same. I wonder what I need to revise or check in the dreamhost cpanel

Make sure your database hostname is defined in the VBulletin config file.

I’ve used the same names as defined in 3.8 config, 4.0 config and rolled it into 4.05 config. The error occurred in th 4.0 config and I thought the upgrade would fix it… nope.[hr]
Vbulletin team has stated:
Assuming the db info in your config.php file is correct, then this is a server issue. Please see this page for the causes of this error:

TIme to read

Check your pm man i’ll be able to help you