vBulletin 3.x and Postnuke 726

apps

Hi all,

Does dreamhost support hosting of:

vBulletin 3.x and Postnuke 726

This is 2 of the most popular forum and portal out there but I have not seen any discussion about this here. I am thinking about switching my host to Dreamhost due to limitation of MySQL database size at my current host (1and1) but not sure if Dreamhost is the right choice.
Much appreciate your help and suggestion.

xitrum

I am pretty sure the answer is yes, they are supported. Best thing to do is check each website and see what the specs are. Then come back to Dreamhost and look at the specs, I beleive you will find a match.
Most forums will work as long as there is php and mysql. Dreamhost has both. Mysql I don’t beleive is the latest version, but I could be wrong. Besides Dreamhost allows you to install them for yourself if you need to.
The only problem that I find with Dreamhost, is because the servers are shared, you can not run programs that run in the background or are daemons, no live video streams, no irc’s, etc. Things that are resource intensive. Forums luckly do not run in that category. You can however stream recorded video that is stored on the server.
Well, I hope that answers some of your questions. You may want to contact Dreamhost as they are the final authority.
Silk

Thanks silk. My forum and portal are running fine on Dreamhost now. I do however experience frequent hiccup with DB operation on the shared host. I don’t have high load on the forum (usually avg about 10-20 concurrent users) so let see how it turns out. Worse come to worse, I’ll move to another host again!

xitrum