Utter Noob (plus eFiction)

Okay, so “utter noob” may be a little bit of an exaggeration. I’ve had websites before, and I’m proficient in the basics of HTML. But I know nothing about PHP or anything like that.

Now, I’m wanting to set up a fanfiction archive website. I’m using eFiction to do so. I’ve put the files on the server, they’re visible in my account and all that, but when I go to my website, nothing shows up. And when I say nothing, I mean I get search results. (URL is fractured-reality.com) And no, I’m not putting the URL in a search bar. The website just isn’t there.

It’s been about 48 hours since the account has been set up, so the domain should have propagated by now.

Basically I’m wondering if there’s anything I’m missing? eFiction’s website just says to upload the files to your server and voila, but I’m lacking in voila.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Something definitely seems wrong.

Using a 3rd party whois server i can see that fractured-reality.com is a valid domain using dreamhost registration and nameservers. However even using dreamhosts nameservers I can’t lookup the domain.

In the panel, does this domain show as “fully hosted” on the domains page? If so, click the DNS link right under the domain and on the page that loads after clicking DNS Click the button to refresh the DNS.

Where exactly did you put these files? Was it a directory created automatically called “fractured-reality.com”?

Yeah, it shows as fully hosted. I refreshed it. And yeah, it was an auto-created directory called fractured-reality.com

Go back to manage domains also and clicked “edit” for that domain, don’t make any changes on the next page but click the change settings button at the bottom.

… Yay! It’s working :smiley: Thank you so much – I never would’ve thought of a DNS refresh, myself <3