/usr/local/bin/lynx?

apps

Hey there, I have this line in a script (from a website that I am now maintaining and just moved to DH): /usr/local/bin/lynx It seems to be causing an error. I am copying the whole script below as not sure if need anything else. Sorry to be such a pest the last couple of days. I much prefer php and mysql, this perl and mysql is a pain!

Thanks for any help would be helpful.

$|++;
use CGI::Carp qw/fatalsToBrowser/;
use CGI qw/:standard escape/;

print header();

$content = /usr/local/bin/lynx -dump http://www.domain.com/cgi-local/daily.cgi 2>&1 or die("$!");

$content =~ s/\s+/ /gs;

@content = split (/\s/, $content);

undef $content;

$content .= ’ ’ . $content[$lastword++] until length($content) > 100;
#print qq|
#|;

print $content;

exit;

Hi

It would be far more helpful if you provided us with an accurate error message in future.

Just having a quick poke around soy, the server I am now, it looks like /usr/local/bin/lynx is not reference to it’s exact location, /usr/bin/lynx:

soy% whereis lynx lynx: /usr/bin/lynx /etc/lynx.cfg /usr/share/man/man1/lynx.1.gz soy% Therefore, just change every instance of /usr/local/bin/lynx in your script to /usr/bin/lynx and see if that works.

You ever thought of using the LWP bundle of modules instead of scooping the output of lynx directly?

If you need any help with altering your script, just post a message and I’m sure someone, if not me, can help you further.

• wil