Using One click install for Wordpress

I am trying to change hosts and bring over my info from my old website via One click install. I keep getting this error message after I select one click install under Goodies.
“The problem was directory /home/chrsen3/holycitysinner.com is not empty! Please re-install, specifying an empty (or new) directory.”

I have created a new directory and it is obviously empty bc I just created it.

Any input would be appreciated!!
Thank you!

Did you originally try uploading everything via FTP perhaps? I took a look into your directory, and it looks like you did that and then tried the one click install:

-rw-r–r-- 1 chrsen3 pg5899964 130 Jul 5 11:42 400.shtml

You can either 1) delete everything in /holycitysinner.com currently, then run the one-click
or 2) rename /holycitysinner.com to maybe backup.holycitysinner.com and make a new empty /holycitysinner.com dir, then run the one-click install again. Then after the new WordPress install, move the extra files like those custom error pages and any custom themes/uploaded media back to their places in the directory. :slight_smile:

That should be all that’s needed, but additional details on the whole move can also be found here: http://wiki.dreamhost.com/Move_WordPress_to_DreamHost

Thank you so much! I am in the process of deleting it via WebFTP. Should I delete just the holycitysinner, or should I include Maildir and logs in the deleting process?

Thank you again, I really appreciate your help!

Just delete only what’s in the /holycitysinner.com site directory. You can leave maildir/logs alone.

You’re welcome! :slight_smile: