Using multiple domains

Hi all,

Anyone knows how can I use multiple domains with different contents, like www.a.com will load from “a” directory and, the main website will continue to load from the root folder/…?

Thanks,
Nel

Just to be clear, if you accept the defaults and have two domains: www.a.tld and www.b.tld, you end up with the following directory structure:
web directory for www.a.tld => /home/username/www.a.tld
web directory for www.b.tld => /home/username/www.b.tld

I always choose the option for stripping off the www, so mine end up as:
web directory for a.tld => /home/username/a.tld
web directory for b.tld => /home/username/b.tld

Does that help clarify things?

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for more promo code discounts

So you are saying I have to add the domain in my host settings? If I do that, it will automatically create a new folder like username/a (considering I use the same option as you)?

Thanks alot for replying!

Nel

Yes! :slight_smile:

And, on DreamHost, you can host as many domains, and subdomains, as you want for no additional hosting charge (though you must still register any additional domains).

–rlparker

Thank you. It was easy to do :slight_smile:

Take care!

We’re just happy everything worked out for you!

BTW, remember that you can create as many subdomains as you want for free, so you can have:
blog1.a.tld
blog2.a.tld
gallery.a.tld

blogA.b.tld
blogB.b.tld
forums.b.tld

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for more promo code discounts