Using a different ftp program

Hi,
I’m to to using dreamhost for hosting. I really would like to continue to use the bulletproof ftp uploading program i use for all of my other sites, but i cant figure out where to either find or set my ftp login and password.
I hope im asking a really dumb easy question, but i can’t figure it out for the life of me. I find the net2ftp to be really hard to learn. I can’t seem to upload a whole folder, just individual files.
Thanks!

I am not 100% sure what you are asking. Are you asking where to configure your username and password in the Bulletproof FTP client? or where to find your DreamHost FTP login details?

If the latter, you need to login using the user that controls the domain you wish to upload to. You can check the password for any particular user by going to Users -> Manage Users in the panel, then clicking Edit next to the relevant user.

If I have misunderstood your question, please forgive me. Restate the question and I’ll try again. :slight_smile:

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

Bulletproof works fine here.

I forget where it is, but get to the “Sites” section and just add your Dreamhost info and save it.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

hm,
thanks so much for answering so quick! You’re right i was asking the later question.

I see where you mean in the Manage Users, then under edit. But in there i only see my dreamhost “account” login info. I don’t believe that is the same as my dreamhost “FTP” login info. With bulletproof, as I’m sure you already know, I just need a login and password and it doesn’t seem to be the same as the login info for the dreamhost account.

i do see where the manage users tab is there’s also one called passwords and in there it says this…
"We have phased out this tab!

If you want to view or change the password for an email user, please just go to the Manage Addresses area and click “edit”. To view or change the password for an ftp/shell/vpn user, please just go to the Manage Users area and click “edit”. To view or change the password for a MySQL user, please just go to the MySQL area and click on the username!

How convenient!
The Happy DreamHost SUPER-SECURE Team! "

So it seems like they are different logins, but i dont see the FTP one under manage users.

thanks so much for helping!
pinky

thanks!

you were completely right. that was the ftp login info. I was confused! uploading now. man, and to think i was almost gonna upload individual file by individual file through the net2ftp.

whew!
thanks again

No problem, I am glad it all worked out for you :slight_smile:

Yeah, knowing which username/password to use can be a little confusing at first, while you are still coming to terms with the ways things are done here at DreamHost.

Each machine user has the one password, which works for FTP / SSH etc. There are also passwords for each mailbox you create and also separate passwords for any WEBIDs (panel logins) you have.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )