Users with hotmail don't receive email

I use Wordpress + awpcp (a plugin for classifieds/ads).
The users/owners who use hotmail don’t receive emails, why ?

Maybe for this? (i don’t understand):
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 SC-001 (COL0-MC4-F10) Unfortunately, messages from 208.113.157.50 weren’t sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list. You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.

I use xxx@mydomainame.com.

Hi roro, I see you were able to get some assistance over LiveChat earlier. Our Abuse/Security team has your tickets and will work with you in regards to this type of mail block. We appreciate your patience in the meantime. Thanks!

This answer is quite disappointing:
“Hello,
This is just a notification that your message has been moved to our mail blocks queue. This queue is information that our abuse staff uses to determine who is blocking us, why we are being blocked, and at around what time period we are being blocked. Your ticket will be used for information purposes only in helping us get the block removed. You may not receive a response, but you will be instrumental in helping us get this issue resolved faster. Thank you for your mail block report.
Thanks!
The DreamHost Ticket Moving Robot!”

I have a website of classifieds/ads, then more different email, i can’t check all emails, I found hotmail are block, but i cant konow hoters emails bolck how can i do ? thanks

I knew after I read Elle’s post last night what your next one would be. I guessed right.

While dreamhost is a rockstar when it comes to webhosting, when it comes to email the star does not shine brightly. (and they admit it). Dreamhost email has gotten better in the past year, but dreamhost IP’s do pop up on RBL’s with some frequency.

If email delivery is critiical to your needs, you might want to split that off to a host that specializes in email. I found a solution that cost just $4/month and seems to be extremely reliable.

How does that work and still use dreamhost for web hosting? Just enter a custom MX record for your domain and a few TXT DNS records, wait for it to propagate and your mail is handled elsewhere.

Hello,

I also have a problem, all microsoft Emails (live, windowslice, hotmail, outlook,…) do not get Emails sent from my website (not even in SPAM folder!!!)

What is the solution ?

Thanks.

I too :frowning:

For all people looking for an answer, I solve the problem via STMP , watch here : https://discussion.dreamhost.com/thread-139855-post-172410.html#pid172410

Thank you so much, I will read your post now.
[hr]
The answer is just to use external SMTP ? But can we have more details ? Thank you.

I also have this issue since last October (4 months now). I also sent two support emails that never were answered. I have a VPS and my own IP, but I get this message when sending to hotmail accounts:

550 SC-001 (BAY0-MC3-F17) Unfortunately, messages from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx weren’t sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list. You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.

So is not my IP, it’s that “part of their network”… DreamHost network. Couldn’t you do anything in these months to solve this ?? Can’t you at least answer to my support tickets ?

We are still waiting…

Dreamhost does s__k when your server is on a blocked list… and they don’t tell you anything other than its gone to the blocked mail queue and further answers aren’t possible.

One thing you can do to bypass the problem is switch whatever is sending the mail to log into the smtp mail server and send using your credentials, those don’t get blacklisted the way webservers do. To the person that said they had a VPS ask support for a different IP.

Hi people, I hope no make any spam with this.

Well I found a solution for this and you only make a little change with your SMTP configuration in your webmail. In Dreamhost’s Wiki say something about the ports, the port for default is “25” you only need to change this for “587” because they say “highly suggested alternate (because 25 is often blocked) 587” and thats all.

I hope I help a little. Greetings ^-^

Users with CMS Joomla can ask me abou how to make this configuration. ;D