Username still Pending?

Apoligies if I’m being a little foolish here but I haven’t used dreamhosts before. I’ve just signed up and while my account/plan no longer seems to be ‘pending’, I can’t seem to login through FTP/SSH atall. my default ‘user’ has a small clock next to it on the Users > Manage Users page of the panel.

Is this normal?

I can change what my domain is doing (ie. Park it or forward it etc) and can create email addresses, but I can’t login to SquirrelMail atall. Strange?

Unable to login to FTP server cupcake.dreamhost.com with username spy_boy.

WebFTP tells me that:

“Are you sure your username and password are correct? Please contact your ISP helpdesk or system administrator for help.”

It’s also impossible for me to create a new user, I just get told to “Please correct the error below.”, with no error hilighted - what’s that about?

The panel is also painfuly slow (1min + to load a number of pages) and I seem unable to find any information to help me out here.

I really need to get an app up and running as soon as possible so if anyone could help I’d be most appreciative.

It takes up to 2 hours for users created through the web panel to become active.

Are you trying to access your domain via ftp://yourdomain.com or ftp://yourserver.dreamhost.com? Try using the servername.

You can’t login to Squirrelmail because your domain isn’t propagated yet.

It can take up to 48 hours for domain names to propagate across the net. Usually Dreamhost-registered domains are available in about an hour, but sometimes it takes longer.

================================
Angela Gann
CrimsonDryad Web Design Services
Web Design, Custom Software Development
http://www.crimsondryad.com

OK, It’s been about nine hours and the user is still pending. I hasten to add that this is the default user, and was created in the setup process. As I mentioned erlier, I can’t create new users without getting an error.

Does this mean my plan is still pending? I presume it does.

I can see the squirrelmail login screen (ie. the domain has propogated) but can’t actually login.

Thanks for the help,

EDIT:

An email I sent just bounced back:

Final-Recipient: rfc822; spy_boy@spunkymail-mx4.dreamhost.com
Original-Recipient: rfc822; info@spyboy.co.uk
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; unknown user: “spy_boy”

So I gues that confirms the reason I can’t do anything. I haven’t got a username yet. Should this be the case?

No. Your default user account should have been active well before 9 hours. It sounds like something went wrong with the process.

Lodge a support request to DreamHost explaining the situation, I am sure they’ll fix it for you.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

I submitted a ticket a minute ago. Thanks for the help.