I hope this post will help somebody who have questions with DH. I've read through the post in this forum and listed some of the frequently asked questions. If your questions is not listed here, you can simply post it in this forum. Some professional persons are always willing to answer your question.
1. Can you use promo code if I want to pay using credit card?
Answer: Yes. You can now use promo-codes with all payment types, not just credit-cards. This includes (but is not restricted to) PayPal payments.
2. Is it necessary to fax the form to DH in order to activate my account?
Answer: Nobody knows how DH access the application. But most of the us are not required to fax the form. However, if DH team think there is a fraud, you may need to be required to fax the form. If you intent to pay using credit card, it is better to be prepared to fax the form.
3. Can I email the form to DH to activate my account?
4. Is it really true that DH gives unlimited domains?
5. Is it possible to point my existing domains to DH?
Answer: Yes. You must point ns1 to ns1.dreamhost.com; ns2 to ns2.dreamhost.com; ns3 to ns3.dreamhost.com
6. Should I cancel my exisiting domains and sign up a new plan in DH?
Answer: No. You do not have to cancel your existing domains. Just sign up a new plan in DH and transfer your domain to DH. After your account is actived in DH, You must point ns1 to ns1.dreamhost.com; ns2 to ns2.dreamhost.com; ns3 to ns3.dreamhost.com
However, you have another choice. You can choose to transfer the domain registration to DreamHost, after which DreamHost will become the registrar for that domain. This procedure can be done via the admin panel and will incur a cost of $9.95 per domain, but will extend the domain registration by 12 months.
7. I cancelled a plan and try to sign up a new one with the same domain name. But the system tells me that the domain name is already in the system. I can't continue. What should I do?
Answer: No matter whether the account is approved or not, the domain name will be recorded in DH. What you can do is to sign up a new plan with a free subdomain name like youdomain.dreamhost.com. After your new account is activated, you can email the DH support team and ask them to transfer your previous domain name to the new plan.
Thanks for clarification. If you have new suggestions, please update me and I'll update the post.
Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on dreamhost by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]50MONEY[/color].