As of last night, I moved the entire domain folder into a new folder called “disabled” and have had it throttled. The current bandwidth reading was at 158gb at that point, and the site was throttled (kicks in at 135).
Today, I decided to redirect the entire domain to the donation page, instead of using a .throttled page which might take up some more bandwidth, no matter how small. I’m hoping that the next bandwidth reading hardly moves, considering email and ftp traffic at this point should be next to nothing.
My primary concern is to be sure that the bandwidth usage won’t rise, and I’ve done everything I know so far to prevent that. A $30 bill is payable. A $500 one is not.
*** DreamHost.com webhosting ***
2400mb space | 120gb transfer | $7.95 per month