I tried to edit my previous post but am past the 360 min time frame.
Anyway some additional updates:
I've set my php.ini to some more extreme values for testing purposes and also have tried setting an .htaccess file in both the folder where the file with reside as well as where the script executes to see if either of these would work. The settings are below.
Still not working for me...
The part of the handler script that fails is
which leads me to believe it has something to do with http post but, I can't be positive on that and the identical script, as I said, works perfectly on the shared server.