Uploading a new site

I know I’ve missed a step somehow, but I can’t figure out what I did. My site currently appears like this:

Index of /

Name                    Last modified      Size  Description
  Site Draft   2.wpp      22-Aug-2011 17:44  1.1M  
  favicon.gif             15-Aug-2011 22:29    0   
  favicon.ico             15-Aug-2011 22:29    0   

I ran the “fix errors” program and followed (I thought) the correct steps in the tutorial. Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

You do not seem to have any index.(htm or html or php or cgi) in there.
That is always what a browser looks for in a domain name.
So example.com is the same as example.com/index.html

The only thing according to the Index of / (this shows what is in your domain name folder) is the wpp file and I have no idea what that is.

Weird. DreamHost usually puts a quickstart.html file in there so you get a parked page instead of an index.

Make sure you connect to example.com (your domain) with an FTP program and drop your site files in the example.com folder. You’ll already see those favicon files in there. One of your files needs to be named index.htm or .html or .php for the server to show your home page.

If you’re using Serif WebPlus Project to create your site, you need to Export or Publish your site in order to generate the necessary files. .wpp is the site package Serif creates as you design your site. It isn’t the site itself. I’m not a Serif user, so this is just a guess on my part as far as the specifics. But I do know that a .wpp file won’t work on the server here for showing your site.