Upgrading to WordPress 2.6

I’m a novice with a WordPress blog hosted at Dreamhost. I’d like to upgrade to the new 2.6 version. Based on information I’ve seen elsewhere, it appears I should be able to do this with a one-click upgrade.

But when I go to the Goodies/One-Click Install control panel, I only have two options:

1. Install new website software - easy mode

2. Install new website software - advanced mode

Should there be an “Upgrade previously-installed software” option. If so, how do I get it?

Thanks for any help people can provide. The instructions for doing a manual install make my head hurt.

When you go to https://panel.dreamhost.com/index.cgi?tree=goodies.installer& – there should be a third option for upgrading.

If there’s not, I’m guessing you didn’t install Wordpress with the one-click option? If you installed it manually, that’s probably how you’ll have to upgrade.

I prefer the manual upgrades anyway. It’s easy to do and there are detailed instructions over at wordpress.org that walk you right through it.

:stuck_out_tongue: Maximum savings promo code: MaxSavingsAtDH

Hmmm. I’d swear I’d installed it with the one-click option (mainly because I don’t think I’d have known how to do it manually).

But I guess that does seem like the most likely explanation.