I was ecstatic! I upgraded my WP blog to show my Dreamhost hosted domain of innerphoenix.com and it worked. It only took two months, but I figured it out. I followed the instructions here to a T:
I then followed these instructions after confirming my site worked properly:
First WP's little figure-it-out-for-me-engine grabbed these:
MX 0 mx1.sub5.swami.mail.dreamhost.com. (I changed a few things to protect my info)
MX 0 mx2.sub5.swami.mail.dreamhost.com.
When that didn't work in 12 hours (given my business runs in email and it went missing Sunday), I added these two from Dreamhost:
A webmail (ip address here - not entering it here for security purposes)
A www.webmail (ip address here - not entering it here for security purposes)
My email (webmail.innerphoenix.com) not only is not coming through via the account I have had setup on my iPhone for the last year, but I can also not get to it via webmail. I am desperate to get this working or cancel the whole thing as my email is missing and I'm getting phone calls and have important meetings I can't see the details of. So I set a fwd on my Dreamhost account side to one of my gmail accounts, hoping to see some email. I tested it, it is "working", but I don't see the emails from the last 48 hours. Argh!
Helpity help help this is so frustrating. If this can be resolved/helped on by tomorrow am, that would be great. Today is already beyond my needs for resolution. Thank you thank you thank you.