Upgrade to Happy Hosting?

Hello,

Under the manage my account link I have the option to Upgrade to Happy Hosting from what I already have which is Crazy Domain Insane.

I haven’t seen anything that explains the differences between the two. Anyone happen to know where I can find out more information?

Thanks

I believe that would be the Unlimited space and bandwidth.

-Scott

Thanks for the reply Scott.

I was able to notice that the disk and bandwidth increased to unlimited, but that was all that I was able to discern. I was curious about all of the other features.

Like… what would I be gaining/losing in the upgrade. I thought I would ask here before pestering DreamHost. :slight_smile: Looks like I’ll just need to pester them.

Thanks

Both plans are redundant as DH offer only the unlimited plan nowadays.

The TOS changes with the new plan, so “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!” :wink:

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

The pricing is also subtly different between the two plans. (Crazy Domain Insane is marginally cheaper if you’re prepaying for two years, I believe.) Besides that and the unlimited disk/bandwidth, there’s no difference.

I couldn’t find anything on the site or wiki about the two hosting plans (the only mention I found was on the ‘manage account’ page and in your question here), so I used the live chat service to ask about it. The answer was that they used to have different plans (Crazy Domain Insane was one of them), but now have one (Happy Hosting) that has all features. I double-checked, and for me to upgrade to Happy Hosting from Crazy Domain Insane has just saved me $168 over two years, while not cutting back on any features. Definitely worth it for me, and worth checking out for yourself.

Did they upgrade you to the now non-existent HH plan or to the new unlimited one? Or is the new unlimited plan called Happy Hosting as well?

[/quote]

The new plan is called Happy Hosting - the name probably isn’t used much as there is only the one plan currently on offer. So that’s what I’ve been ‘upgraded’ to - it’s basically a name change and a price reduction for me.

Thanks for the info. The name had me confused as I’ve got an old Happy Hosting plan which is a limited plan that increases in bandwidth and data space monthly. It “only” has 10 Terrabytes of transfer p/mth with 720GB space or something ridiculous.

When I go to upgrade, a message tells me I will be billed $1 more per month that I am with Crazy Domain Insane. This sounds like a bad thing.

What am I missing?

Could be you’re getting the same plan cheaper due to having a longer contracted period.

andrewf: “Crazy Domain Insane is marginally cheaper if you’re prepaying for two years, I believe.”

Hi all,
I’ve just had the same “Happy Hosting” message.
I’ve already got unlimited bandwidth and disk space so I don’t think I’d really benefit from upgrading. Well, unless there are other benefits?
Kate C
x[hr]

Ah, this will be the reason why I’m better off staying on the plan that I’ve got. I think I’ve had this Crazy Insane plan for about 6 years now.
Kate C
x