Uninstall Wordpress

I had wordpress installed at mydomain.com/wordpress. I wanted to uninstall it and start from scratch so I uninstalled it at my Dreamhost control panel. That all seemed to work fine.
The only problem is the /wordpress directory is still there and every time I’ve tried to delete it, it won’t let me. I tried to install wordpress again at mydomain.com and it won’t let me since that folder is not empty. (/wordpress is still in there!)

How are you trying to delete it? I noticed that WebFTP can’t delete a large nested folder, but an FTP program such as Filezilla should have no problem.

good tip for the future. I was actually trying to delete individual files within the wp folders and it didn’t work. Someone from dreamhost actually went in and did it for me! Problem solved!

I have the exact same problem that I want to install wordpress, but I can’t because the directory is empty. I think I tried installing wordpress before and now want to start from scratch. Unfortunately I’m not an experienced webdesigner. I don’t actually know where this directory is that I need to empty. I have tried deleting the database, but I still get this error message. Can anyone help?

We were unable to set up wordpress as requested at:
http://www.oaksmithstudio.co.uk/

The problem was directory /home/oaksmithstudio/oaksmithstudio.co.uk is not empty! Please re-install, specifying an empty (or new) directory.

Please correct this and go to our web panel and re-submit your
wordpress installation request.

Thanks, and sorry about that!
The Happy DreamHost Installer Robot