Unable to validate Feed

software development

I have wordpress blog techkumar.com, which i recently edited a plugin and added some HTML tags to the start and end of the plugin, saved it. But after some time i found those HTML tags are creating errors in blog Feed. I tried to delete those tags but they dont appear in the editor. When i check my site code, those HTML tags are at the top, i have downloaded and check index.php, header.php but i dont find any one of them, but they appear in the FEED, now feed is no more working, showing errors. Please help me. I have tried in other forums too but no one replied me.

I see the errors when validating your site’s feed:

http://feedvalidator.org/check.cgi?url=http://www.techkumar.com/feed/

Basically, the following DIV seems to be added to everything on the site (RSS, HTML):

Possibly you accidentally edited the blog’s theme index.php, or the top-level index.php?
What happens if you disable or delete the plugin?

I edited plugin file, and the HTML tags got into feed some how. I checked index.php , header.php no HTML tags are seen at the top, i dont know which is file containing those tags, please help me.

I have deactivated and deleted the plugin, but the HTML tags remained, help me.

I wanted to find out if the theme files have those HTML tags and changed the theme, HTML tags remained there even after i changed the theme.

I think they are saved to core wordpress installation files, but where do i find them?

I found those HTML tags even in the Wordpress admin(when i login to admin) source file, they at the top.

It sounds like all the index.php files in your WordPress install have been modified (maybe the plugin is buggy?). Typically WordPress has around 5 index.php files that run the blog (/index.php, /wp-admin/index.php, etc), plus another 40+ index.php files in the individual Themes (all in /wp-content/themes).

From your blogs Site Admin Dashboard, you can only modify Theme files, not WordPress’s files. To modify the WordPress files, you would need to use a shell editor or FTP. Dreamhost provide a web-based FTP interface for browsing/editing your files:

https://webftp.dreamhost.com/

Once you have access to your accounts home directory, I thinking you will see the following in the file techkumar.com/index.php:

[code]

<?php /** * Front to the WordPress application. This file doesn't do anything, but loads * wp-blog-header.php which does and tells WordPress to load the theme. * * @package WordPress */

[/code]Just remove the div (and make sure the “<?php” is the first thing in the file, no newlines or spaces) and the feed problem should be fixed. Do the same thing in techkumar.com/wp-admin/index.php, etc.

Let me know if that helps.

I tried what you said, but i didnt find them. Do i have to reinstall the whole WordPress? if yes I want it to be in safe way without losing any data or plugins, is there any way i can do that?

You couldn’t find the index.php files in WebFTP, or couldn’t find the DIV? I’ve been assuming you have a standard DreamHost WebHosting account and an Advanced one-click WordPress install, which means WordPress is installed in your user’s home directory.

Possibly the header files were modified? Could the DIV be in /wp-blog-header.php and /wp-admin/admin-header.php? You might want to do a search for recently modified files. If you are comfortable in the shell, you could search for it with grep.

If that doesn’t help, it is probably wise to look into re-installing WordPress, since it seems to have been damaged somehow. It probably best to start a new thread about re-installing, since other forum users might have some good advice.