Unable to upload via WebFTP/connect via FileZilla

I’m attempting to upload a simple .htm file stating my site is under construction and providing an email address for contact, the file was created in gEdit on Ubuntu 13.04.

I can connect via WebFTP just fine but when I try to upload a file, I get the following error:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Too many links in /home/webftp_dh/webftp.dreamhost.com/core/classes/class.AJXP_Utils.php (l.1029)

I get this same error in Chrome and in Firefox. I also get this same error if I try to upload a plain text file.

When using FileZilla, I am unable to connect to my ftp server using either mydomain.com or myserver.dreamhost.com. The connection continuously times out.

I did just register my domain and sign up for hosting today, and I understand it takes some time for DNS information to propogate, but I can connect via WebFTP and my email accounts I’ve created are working so I don’t think that’s an issue with the connection and definitely not the issue with the file transfer.

Anyone have any ideas?

DNS propagation time can vary, so you might want to give it some time. However I’d suggest opening up a support ticket (www.dhurl.org/dhsupport) and providing your details with a way to replicate the error. Once you’ve done that you can post your ticket’s message ID number and I can check on it for you. :slight_smile: You’re also welcome to use our Live Chat service by clicking the “Chat Live” link at the top of your panel.

Please also note that WebFTP uploads are limited to 2MB: http://wiki.dreamhost.com/FTP#DreamHost_WebFTP_Support