Unable to register a .uk domain [Invalid registrant details]

domains

Hi all,

I’m hoping that someone here can help me sort this out.
I’ve been trying since last night to register a .uk domain and the registration request keeps failing telling me that the information supplied is invalid.

I’ve contacted DH support and ~20 hours later I got a response telling me exactly the same thing that the very vague error message did, that the information is invalid.

I’ve tried 3-4 times to register this domain and I’ve tried various options under the “.uk Options” section.
Yes, I’m 100% sure that the personal information I’m entering is correct, and I’ve now ended up being charged the $11 twice because I’ve also tried to register for 2 years where previously it was just 1 on the original request.

What’s the next step?
I’ve emailed the support team back about 20 mins ago, but I really don’t want to have to wait another 24 hours if this is something I can sort out myself.

EDIT::
As a suggestion, incase anyone from Dreamhost involved in continuous improvement of their administration panel, reads this forum, can you guys store a list of requested domain registrations and keep them listed even if failed unless the domain becomes registered?
It would be such a time saver if you could go into Registrations, see a failed request and have the option to clear it or retry, where retrying would fill in the registration details from the previous attempt.
Meaning if I only need to tweak one thing, I don’t screw up something else in the process…

EDIT 2.0:
I’ve now got the the point where the registration detail page won’t even submit without giving me an error.
I get taken back to the registration page and there’s a block telling me to correct the errors below… but nothing is highlighted as an error!
Or I get another error telling me I haven’t selected a registrant type even though it was selected to begin with…

I’m starting to think that this is more of a panel issue than me doing something wrong.

Hi Saldash

Thank you for contacting us!

If you can supply us with the support ticket# we can look into the status of the issue! You can also reach our Live Chat support team 5am til 10pm PDT daily here https://panel.dreamhost.com/index.cgi?tree=support.msg& for further assistance

Thanks!
Matt C

Do you need to register through DH or can you register independently? I use NameSilo for most of my domains now, and Heart Internet for UK domains (I moved to them from 123-reg years ago).

To register a .UK domain, you need a UK postal address (not a PO Box), this is probably where things are running aground with your attempts. Use a domain broker.

From the GoDaddy FAQ:

“Anyone can register .uk domain names on a first-come, first-served basis, but an address for service in the United Kingdom will be required for registrants who live overseas. This address must be listed as the admin contact for your domain name. This requirement does not apply for .co.uk and .org.uk domain names.”

Gandi.net is also a good registrar if you’re still having problems. They may have a UK presence you can use for your admin contact.

Nominet do match registrant and contact details against various (unspecified) databases, so it’s not always as simple as just bashing in any old fake address. It may work though if you match the format correctly.

Good luck!

I’ve had my share of problems, but it seems to be time to jump ship once my billing cycle comes up again.

Basically, I’ve had downtime and other issues with them before. Now I’m having days of long wait times, Pingdom shows average load times to be around 9 seconds, 8 of which are spent waiting for a server connection.

I can’t use their support to even create a ticket because now they’ve mandated attaching files to tickets when the issue is with site slowness (!!) and their own uploader doesn’t work.

I went to Twitter and after first claiming to have fixed an Apache error and me calling them out that no, the issue still exists, they promised to send an email that never came. Now they want me to submit a ticket, but it’s not possible. No sign of an email.

https://bluestacks.vip/ https://textnow.vip/ https://photomath.vip/

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.